WHAT INSPIRES ME ABOUT COSTA RICA?
1. Living in the most biodiverse country on the planet?
2. Scarlet Macaws, Giant Parrots, Oro Pendela, Cusingas and Toucans...?
3. White Faced monkeys, Sloths, Howler Monkeys, Anteaters, Titi Monkeys..... ?
4. The perfect year round temperatures?
5. Lush Tropical Jungle?
6. Is it the birthing place for all of the Pacific Whales North and South?
7. Hundreds of thousands of baby sea turtles hatching on the beaches?
8. Views of cascading clouds over the high mountain tops?
“La Cascadita “ is part of a caring and friendly community called “Stairway to the Stars”. It’s located in the mountains of the South Pacific Coast near Ojochal.
What makes this property unique to all others is its breathtaking waterfall! With a height of over 150 ft and directly opposite the home’s beautiful open air living room, the waterfall becomes part of your day to day life. The seller’s passion for the waterfall inspired them to install a 40 000 lumen floodlight (a strong flashlight has 500 lumen) so that the waterfall is fully illuminated in the evenings, making it remarkably serene and romantic. The natural swimming hole and waterfall base can be easily reached on foot by a very well crafted trail, complete with hand rail and built to stand the test of time. It is also made to accommodate a quad for even easier access.
If all that wasn’t enough, there is also a custom built and architecturally designed home to compliment this grand and majestic waterfall;
- 2 story house with infinity pool
- 440 sqm
- 4 bedrooms (1 with fully equipped gym)
- 3 bathrooms
- 2 workshops
- 4 rooms are equipped or prepared with/for AC
- Ceiling fans everywhere
- Hand carved doors accent this beautiful home, made by regional artist
- Safe room/dry room
- Imported Italian Porcelain Stoneware Tiles
- Water from HOA
- Fully furnished
- Possibility of using as a rental (about 300 $ per day starting)
- High speed internet
- 25-Watts radio, which allows communication with all HOA members and more
- Satellite TV
- Altitude 1000 ft
- Tropical huge rain forest trees
- 2 waterfalls
- 5 acres
- Coconuts, starfruits, limes, bananas, bread fruit on property
- Fully equipped modern kayak (2 persons)
- Climbing equipment (rapelling, canyoning)
- Archery equipment
- All outdoor activities are within a short drive
- Many upscale restaurants are a short drive about 15 min away
- All shopping facilities 25 min.
- New hospital 20 min.
- Several banks 25 min.
- National Park Marino Ballena 20 min.
WILDLIFE, directly at the house
- Scarlett Macaws
- White Face Monkeys and Howler Monkeys
- Blue Morphos
All aspects of this well maintained custom home have been carefully thought out and well worth a showing no matter what you are looking for.
The sellers wanted to include a short epilog to express their passion of this one of a kind home .
IS THIS THE PLACE WHICH MAKES YOUR HEART BEAT FASTER?
Sometimes it's time for something new.
If you want waterfalls and clear creeks on your property, you have to search for a long time, even in Costa Rica. If you want the sunset in the sea on top and the view over a peaceful valley, too, you have to search damn long – even in Costa Rica!
We looked for such a place in many countries and continents. After years we found it – here at the South Pacific Coast. All our dreams in one place.
Then we designed the property and our house. It forms a semicircle, whose line of sight opens to a wide valley. Everything is surrounded by the spectacular Coast Mountains and radiates deep peace.
Our house nestles like an eagle's nest to the mountain slope with an amazing view down into the valley.
The main reason to build our house exactly at this place was this combination of living space and a 150 ft high waterfall belonging to it. It never dries out and we call it ”Cascadita”, little waterfall.
Directly opposite our open air living room the water falls in a constantly changing shape from the rock face. For us it represents movement and change. The absolute contrast to the peaceful valley view. We love this contrast.
IT´S A UNIQUE PLACE WHICH IS INCOMPARABLE. WHY? - BECAUSE IT DOESN´T EXIST A SECOND TIME.